Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What a gift!

Our kids have been battling the flu this last week. We were symptom free all day Sat and Sunday morning, so we thought we were in the clear........but we were wrong! Aidan's tummy started hurting again Sunday afternoon and then I came down with it full on yesterday morning. Andy's had a mild version of it for the past couple of days, but not enough to really knock him down. As I said goodbye to him yesterday morning as he headed to work, I truly didn't know how I would make it through the day. How do you care for a sick kid and two well kids, when you are too sick to get out of bed?? Wowsers! It was going to be a LONG day. A few minutes later, who walked back in my room, but my dear husband! He got in his car to head to work, prayed about it and really felt that the Lord would have him stay home and care for his family (and to get well himself.) Yipee!! What a blessing. I literally stayed in bed ALL day long!! Andy cooked the meals (for those who were eating), cared for the kids, and made sure I had ice water and saltines handy. I had forgotten how miserable the flu is!!! Thankfully I'm feeling better today. No where near 100%, but at least well enough to take care of the kids. Aidan is about the same, better than yesterday, but definitly not well. We'll be hunkering down for a few more days, and hopefully we can put this behind us!!

To all of our friends at church.... we are SO, SO, SO very sorry, if we passed our germs on to you on Sunday!! I'm going to be praying that we didn't but if it hits your family, let me know if I can drop you by some 7-up and Saltines! Urgh! I just might go get that flu shot next year!

2 comments:

Tricia Swift said...

oh my. I am so sorry to hear that you guys are feeling bad! we are in the same boat. we got up Sunday to go to sunday school and we made it to gordon russel middle school. I looked back at the kids and all the sudden Clay started to throw-up! it was awful and in the car! then we got him cleaned up and Colton started just as we got back on the HWY to head home. what a mess we all were! we thought it was gone and then got hit with more today! just the kids though. David and I are good to go and care for the kids. let me know if you need me to bring you anything! I'll be praying for you to get well!

Mars said...

That is so sweet about Andy, he is the man, for sure!
I woke up this morning at 5am with the flu and it hit so HARD that my mom ended up coming over and taking me to the ER this afternoon. That's how long it took me to get dehydrated again - just a few hours. Argh!
Hope you are all better by now - what a terrible flu season this has been, huh?