Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Good Times


This morning we had a bunch of stuff to get done.
gym - check
bank - check
church office - check
Old Navy ( I thought there was a great deal there.... I was wrong....=( ) -check

While in Old Navy, Kenneth decided to stand by the Manikins and see if he could blend in. It was hilarious! He just stood there and didn't move a muscle! It was great!! I'm not sure why I haven't thought about having them do that before. Next thing I know both boys are standing still not moving a muscle! (This NEVER happens!!) I enjoyed their inactivity for a few minutes and then called them back over, I didn't want to end the happy moment with Manikin Dominos.

By the time we left Old Navy (with no purchases by the way) the kids and I were hungry, so I decided to take them to Subway. For 6 dollars we shared a sandwich and chips and had a wonderful time! As soon as we sat down and I handed around the sandwiches, Kenneth exclaimed, "Now THIS is what I'm talking about....." Haha! It was too cute! He then proceed to tell me that when he eats all the things together on his sandwich they taste good. (a trick I taught him) Aidan who is never to be outdone, explained that he LOVES his sandwich with everything on it. So the boys ate their sandwiches complete with lettuce, spinach, olives, pickles, onions, tomatos, and cucumbers!! Amazing!! (For the record, I ordered mine without tomatoes and cucumbers.....shhh....don't tell them!) =) That was their vegetable intake for the week!

By the way, everytime I pick up the kids from the gym, Aidan tells me that he made more friends. He then asks me, "Do you know how many friends I have?" (With a proud and excited expression on his face)

"How many?" I ask.

Are you ready..... the current total of Aidan's friends...... 63-12. not 6 thousand and 12, but Sixty three twelve! =) I love it!!

This morning was one of those, "I love being a Mommy," moments!

What a gift!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

My little girl Kara likes to stand with the Manikins too. One time she was holding ones hand and it fell off. You should have seen her face.