Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Hood to Coast 3 days and counting.....

WOW! 3 days left and we are there! I'm soooo excited and sooooo nervous! I haven't run much over the past week as my shins were REALLY bothering me and I wanted to give them time to heal. I ran about 5 miles today and that felt pretty good. I have been training at 6 miles so I think I'm about as ready as I can be at this point.



Currently the weather forecast is sunny 83 degrees on Friday and Partly Cloudy 74 degrees on Saturday. This isn't too bad, but it could be better! I'm going to keep praying for partly cloudy and a nice cool breeze. Andy and I will probaby run our first leg in the full sun/heat of the day so a breeze would be great!

If you have a chance, check out this video to see what we are in for..... www.hoodtocoast.com/movie.html

And if you want to see more, check out http://www.htcmaps.com./ there is a link on that site where you can go to Google Earth and do a fly over of the whole course, all 197 miles of it!

Can you tell I'm excited. I can't think about much else right now. I think I'm going to be a changed person on Sunday! =)

1 comment:

rdnaharding said...

Good luck in the race! I can't imagine running this much! Have a great time and be sure and post pics!
Debbie