Let's go fly a kite, up to the highest height. Let's go fly a kite and send it soaring. Up to the atmosphere, up where the air is clear, Oh lets go Fly a Kite!! This is one of Kenneth's favorite songs from Mary Poppins and we sing it all the time. We keep talking about how we are going to go fly a kite, and we found the perfect one at a garage sale for .50 cents. So last night there was a light breeze in the air and I thought, hey lets give it a try! (Note: I have never flown a kite - I do know that a backyard in a neighborhood is probably not the best location, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to try..... here's some of our fun...


This is about the highest that our kite "flew"
Now here's one of Aidan flying the kite...... Notice Kenneth whinning in the background "I need some ice" What I forgot to mention that as I was attempting to fly the kite, I grounded it, right into Kenneths head!!! It left a mark, but it wasn't as bad as it sounds - - see pictures below. =)
Upper left hand corner, is his battle wound. =(
Next time we will try flying a kite in a big open area and we will all wear helmets!! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment