Friday, September 5, 2008

3 posts in a day....thats got to be a record

Well, I'm having a blog happy moment, so I'm going to try to squeeze in my 3rd post of the day! =) . (two of my three are asleep......downstairs is cleaned up (well mostly)........and I've got a load of laundry in, so sounds like a good time to blog, right?)


As summer wraps, up I've been reviewing my Summer goals to see where I'm at......here they are....
  • Jen’s Summer Goals –
    Make at least 2 varieties of Freezer Jam (Blueberry done- still one to go.....)
  • Read at least 2 books (Read 3!! Cold Tangerines, The Fishermans Lady by George MacDonald and the sequel The Marquis Secret - great, great books!)
  • Take the kids on a fun summer outing at least once a week (I think we managed this?)
  • Swim lessons for Kenneth and Aidan- (tried it, Aidan nearly drowned...try again next year)
  • At least 3 family U-pick outings (2 down, one to go)
  • Take 2 full days to plan and prepare fall/winter indoor activities for the boys (yeah, right - well I spent a few hours!)
  • Garage Sale items to hunt for… ABC books, Art supplies, small trampoline, games, craft supplies, Tape player, etc. (not much luck....its hard to garage sale with 3 little ones in tow!)
  • Summer reading program with boys (yes)
    VBS – (not this year)
  • Monthly Family Hike (does Wildwood, or a walk to the park count?)
  • Limit TV to 1 hour or less on sunny days - (most days we did good)
  • Morning walks whenever possible (hit and miss)
  • Bible/hot chocolate reading time every morning (not as much as I would have liked)
  • Have boys earn $$ for the ice cream man?? (try again next year)

Overall all it was a good summer! Stay tunned for my fall goals...... =) Anyone have goals they want to share?

2 comments:

Jamie said...

LOVE IT JEN! How inspiring! IT would be fun to brainstorm winter activities with you sometime. We always seem to know how to fill our summer days, but winter is so much more difficult. I need to actually write down some goals too so I can be more "purposed!"

Anonymous said...

Love your blog- even though you live across the street! You did great this summer!