Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fall

We have LOVED the apples we picked last month! The boys have really gotten into the peeling process and were actually able to help quite a bit! In the process they discovered that eating the long apple peel was fun. At one point Aidan actually "peeled" an entire apple (down to the core)and ate all the apple in long thin strips. How fun! We are now down to 3 apples. We made an apple pie, an apple, pear, cranberry crumble, and two big batches of delicious applesauce (thanks to my new crock pot!) I can't wait to do it all again next year. =)

Kenneth's been doing "preschool" at home this year, so I'm trying to be creative with teaching new things..... Here's our letter lunch.... The boys LOVED this!


I can finally say that I'm glad that fall is here. For some reason I was thinking that fall would just mean rain, rain, rain. I had forgotten about the crisp blue sky days of fall. Here are the boys enjoying wearing their rain jackets again. They both got new rain boots this year and are loving them - I'll get some photos of those soon. (by the way - Fred Meyer has kids Rain boots on sale this week- plus there's an additional %15off coupon that I think you can use)
Kenneth has entered the "I need to make a silly face when mom asks me to smile" phase. Family photos next month should be interesting.....

No comments: