So often I post about all the cute things that my kids too. The apple picking, the sibling bonding, the cute words, etc. Lately there has been a whole lot more of.....lets just call it reality.....
Here's how our morning went....
Aidan up at 5:30am
5:31am Aidan in bed with me.
5:32am I remind Daddy that its WAY too early for Aidan to be in bed with me. (Daddy was leaving early for the gym today)
5:33 Daddy takes Aidan back to bed.
5:35 Kenneth and Aidan are both up and in our room. I again remind Daddy that this is NOT going to work and ask (beg!) him to take them back to bed.
5:40 Daddy puts them back in bed and uses the handy parenting technique of bribery to entice them to stay in bed until 7:00. (If they stayed in bed they would get to finish watching Star Wars when they got up.)
5:45 Daddy leaves for gym/work
6:10 Both boys out of bed
6:12 Take boys back to bed, and remind them that they will not get to watch Star Wars if they don't stay quietly in bed.
6:15 Boys out of bed......Hmmm.... (Did I mention that I am NOT a morning person.....this is not a good start to the morning.....at this point I was REALLY tempted to say 'forget it' I'll go put a movie on for them, then they'll be quiet and I can sleep more)
6:16 Decided that I needed to stick to my guns and informed them that there would be no Star Wars this morning.
6:17 Kenneth begins MASSIVE Anger FIT!!! Wow, note to self this parenting thing is REALLY hard!!
7:00ish Massive Fit finally resolved, room put back in order, tears, hugs, and prayers, and breakfast.
Wow! Amazing what can take place in a home before 7am!!
I was going to tell you about the rest of our morning, but Abby just had a blowout.....gotta go!
5 comments:
This parenting thing IS hard! I'm praying the rest of your day goes better than it started. (I'm assuming they're napping well,with the early wake-up and all.)
you poor thing! I would be sick the rest of the day if my boys got up that early. yuck!!! so sorry, hope things got better.
WOW....what a morning! I know what you mean though, and and how hard it is sometimes to be a mommy! I just try to hold onto the fact that it's all going to be over quicker than we want and we'll miss these days EVENTUALLY! :) (I do find that hard to believe)! Hang in there!
Hang in there Jen - Praying for you
Sticking to your guns is 90% of the parenting battle. Good for you, Jen, keep it up. I hope to post a list of some of my favorite books on parenting through the years very soon.
Post a Comment