Thursday, November 6, 2008

My new Favorite Song

Well I'm a little behind - Brandon Heath has been around for awhile. But I was listening to the radio this morning and I just fell in love with this song. What powerful Lyrics. It's a challenge to us all....
Give Me Your Eyes
Looked down from a broken sky Traced out by the city lights My world from a mile high Best seat in the house tonight Touched down on the cold black tile Hold on for the sudden stop Breath in the familiar shock Of confusion and chaos Are those people going somewhere? Why have I never cared?
Chorus: Give me your eyes for just one second Give me your eyes so I can see Everything that I keep missing Give me your love for humanity Give me your arms for the broken hearted Wasnt it far beyond my reach? Give me your heart for the once forgotten Give me your eyes so I can see again again yeah yeah
Step out on a busy street See a girl and our eyes meet Does her best to smile at me To hide whats underneath Theres a man just to her right Black suit and a bright red tie To ashamed to tell his wife Hes out of work Hes buying time Are those people going somewhere? Why have I never cared?
Chorus Ive Been there a million times A couple of million eyes Just moving past me byI swear I never thought that I was wrong Well I want a second glance So give me a second chance To see the way you see the people all alone
Chorus (x2)

4 comments:

Doni Brinkman said...

That's my cell phone ringer. :) So moving and inspiring.

Jamie said...

Yeah that is a neat son Jen! I've heard it before, but haven't paid much attention to the words. Glad to see them written out and to digest the meaning. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! I also love that song. It is a great reminder to everyone, no matter who WE are and WHO we are thinking about. I love your blog, it is so cute! Keep up the good work!

Nicole said...

This is also my favorite song! Love it. I am hoping I get his new CD for Christmas. Thanks for sharing.
Nicole