Wednesday, March 30, 2011
I love being a Mom!
Oh my goodness my kiddos are saying the funnest things today... After breakfast this morning, I asked Abby to clear her plate. She responded with, "no, you do it." I replied, "no, Abby, you do it." We went back and forth a few times before she exclaimed very matter-of-factly, "I no mama, I girl!" (Translation - You're the mama, YOU DO IT!!") I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing. =) And don't worry, Abby ended up saying "Oh, tay" and cleared her own plate. Later we were getting in the car to take Kenneth to school. Kenneth was helping get Abby buckled in her car seat and Abby was being anything but cooperative. Kenneth turned on his fatherly voice and began explaining to Abby why she needed to wear her car seat. "Abby you have to wear your car seat. If you don't we could get in an accident and you could die. And then you would go to hell because you don't know Jesus yet. And we would all be so sad. You don't want that to happen do you?" Surprisingly Abby responded with a muffled, "yeah" (she meant no) and allowed Kenneth to buckle her seat. Ok there's more..... Kenneth and Aidan are best buddies, and lately Aidan's being feeling sad when Kenneth leaves for school. Kenneth made sure to give him a big hug before he hopped out of the van for school. This prompted a discussion between Aidan and I about brothers. I was saying things like, "You guys are so lucky to have each other.... you can be best friends your whole life, etc...." Aidan went on to say, "Yeah, and someday when he's a grandpa and I'm almost a grandpa, my kids can go over to his house so I can go on a date with my mom." Me - "You mean with your wife?" A- "Yes" Me- "You know you can always bring your kids over to my house. I would love to watch them." A- "No, you will probably be dead." Um.... ok, thanks for that. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
For some reason its editing out all my spacing.... hmmm... sorry about that!
Oh, Abby's a day late! Because just yesterday, Charlie was bossing me around a lot and when I asked him about it he told me, "It's Mama Day, where mamas do everything for their kids."
giggles!!
SO FUNNY..I laughed out loud! :)
So cute!
Jen - my goodness, we (Mark and Kimberly) laughed so much when I read your post out loud. Kids say the darndest things. Thanks for letting us "taste" a bit of your world. So fantastic!
Cheers - Mark and Kimberly Lundeen
Post a Comment