Taught at Phonic Phactory for about 2 months. Kids liked it, I liked it, BUT our home life REALLY suffered. Quickly discovered that I couldn't add a 30+work week into our life and still keep up with everything else (Dinner, laundry, housecleaning, mommy/wife time, friends, etc.) Teaching/planning was taking up too much of my time and energy. I had little left for the things that really mattered to me. It was a very HARD decision. We pulled the kids from Phonics and I resigned from my position. Our last day was Nov. 22nd. The wound is still healing, but I know we made the right decision. Kids are now at our local public school. Not a perfect place, but we are trying to give it time, and smoother it with prayer.
Moved into our new house in June, got teaching job in August, ended job in November, celebrated Thanksgiving and Christmas, now finally settling in deeper to our new home and situation.
Had our socks blessed off this Christmas and were able to get some neat things for our house. Also took the plunge and invested in a really nice camera. Super excited about being able to capture some of the many priceless moments that make up each day.
Here are some pictures with my new fancy camera....
2 comments:
Was phonics a kind of home school?
Great to see a new post! Sounds like a lot of big changes for you guys! Loved the pics with your new camera!
Post a Comment