Back story: I have been wanting to go camping as a family for the past 2 years. We have done little camping trips with friends down on Andy's moms property before. And while they were fun, they always felt a bit like we were cheating as we had the luxury of Terry's bathrooms, and we were able to use camping supplies that belonged to our friends. Last year with the creation of Man Camp (a father son camping trip that Andy started for himself and the boys and lots of fathers/sons from church) I found that the camping desire of the males in our family was satisfied with this trip. While this is great and I am 110% supportive of Man Camp, I have been a little jealous to be left behind each year....
I have dreams of some day backpacking/hiking parts of the Pacific Crest Trail with our family. Something about being with the people that I love the most in the middle of God's creation sound amazing! And for those of you who think I'm crazy, I'm not! =) In college I went on a week long backpacking trip and it is still one of the greatest memories of my life. Love, love, loved it!!
Anyway a couple of weeks ago, I was complaining to Andy about how once again a summer had passed and we hadn't gone camping. =( He encouraged me to get it on the calendar early and we would make it happen next summer. BUT THEN, out of the blue Andy called me from work on Thursday and said, "Hey if you want to, we could go camping this weekend!!!!!" Ok folks I turned into a giddy little school girl! I was SOOOO excited to go camping, even just for one night with my family. So I made the reservation, was excited for 3 days, and we headed up there on Saturday and...................................wait for it..............................................................................................................................
WE HAD AN AMAZING TIME!!
It was wonderful!!! I have not yet come down from my camping high! And though I am still doing the laundry from our trip, I can hardly wait to do it again!! So yes, my new love language...... CAMPING!! =)
Here our some highlights of our trip...
Putting up the tent **Side note - Andy and the kids put up the tent ALL BY THEMSELVES!!** I didn't help at all!!
Kids being kids...
The Fam...
Thank you for taking me camping!!
Dinner:
During dinner we discovered that there were LOTS of other little bugs that thought our dinner looked tasty. They were flying all around and landing in our beans, so we did what all good parents would do and encouraged our kids to EAT them! A little extra protein never hurts, right?? Ken got quite a kick out of Andy eating the first one...
Yum! Tasty!!
Me and my girl-
Target Practice-
Washing Dishes-
Daddy getting in some target practice.
FIRE! I love Abby's face in this one!
Almost time for bed-
I LOVE CAMPING!!
1 comment:
So glad you had fun and that it satisfied your need for adventure in the great outdoors! :) And I'm glad you didn't get eaten by a bear.
Post a Comment