Saturday, September 15, 2007

Apple Picking

This morning we headed over to Hood River and went Apple Picking. This was a first for Andy and I as well as for the boys. We had a WONDERFUL time! It was a beautiful day full of memories. Grammy and Gramps came with us which made it extra special. We picked a box of Gala and a box of Jonagold. I have great hopes of making a homemade apple pie and lots of applesauce. Hopefully my hopes (can you say that Andrea?) will become reality and I can official say that I know how to can..... we shall see..... I've heard that you can also freeze homemade applesauce, so I may decide to go that route instead. =) I love U-pick fruit! Its fun, cheap, and delicious! Every time I go, I want to go more...... Pears will be ready in a few weeks, who knows??? =)





No comments: