Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Our Fun Morning

Well I'm behind on blogging (AGAIN!) but I'm not going to play catch up.....at least not today - because I want to tell you about our fun morning.....

Today we had the car and so we decided we should go somewhere. Kenneth suggested Meing park, so we bundled up in our warm rain gear, grabbed a towel and headed out. We had a blast! We had the park to ourselves (not too surprising considering the rainy day), we started with a fun game of hide and go seek. Then we moved on to the two silver slides. Aidan went down before we could dry them off and he literally flew!! He flew off the end and landed hard on his botttom, Kenneth and I thought it was hilarious and thankfully Aidan did too! We spent the next 30 minutes or so getting soaked on the slide. The boys even managed to convince me to go down the sopping wet slide.... I did and they squealed with delight as I reacted to the freezing cold rain on my backside. Their smiles and laughter made it worth the wet pants. Our final park adventure was puddle jumping. If you've ever been to Meing park in the rain, you'll know that there are MASSIVE puddles in the parking lot! The boys were 1/2 wet anyways so I let them go for it. Fun, Fun, Fun! They had me in stiches watching them simply be little boys. After a few minutes they starting running through the puddles which I knew wasn't such a good idea with rubber boots. But despite my warnings to slow down and be careful, Aidan completly wiped out in a huge puddle. He was a bit upset at first, but quickly got over it and went back to puddle jumping. In the meantime I opened the Explorer and was greatful to discover that my "emergency bag" was in fact in there, so I had a clean and warm change of clothes for the boys. They rode back home contented and dry. =) Not all or even most of our mornings are this enjoyable so I figured this was totally blog worthy.


On a total different note..... My sister sent me this link today and wanted to know what I thought about it... I read it and responded to her, but I'd love to hear what some of your thoughts are.... if you have time, read it and send me a response or post it as a comment. I'd just like to get a few different perpectives on it.....http://www.crosswalk.com/parenting/11555796/ Thanks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog Jen. I love you!! I am glad that occasionally you get to have some fun with those little guys!! Your the worlds best wife and mother!!!!

Eric 'n Leah said...

Hey Jen,
Thanks for the update! I'll email you (or call) about the article and the delivering of the Christmas presents...
:-) Leah

frogmama said...

I hope "me" is your husband- or we need to have a serious talk....
lol- Hey great article your sister sent you:) I totally understand your side, I just thought it was intresting....