Wednesday, February 6, 2008

How NOT to do your taxes.......

1. Rush to get them done as soon as you think that you have all the documents you need.
2. Use a free online tax service to get them all prepared and then discover that they were free to prepare -BUT, not free to submit!
3. Two days after completing and submiting your taxes, check your mail and find more important tax documents!
4. Spend hours ammending your taxes.
5. Procrastinate in sending in your tax ammendment (This was the only step I did RIGHT this year)
6. Check the mail again and discover yet MORE IMPORTANT TAX DOCUMENTS!!!!
7. Cry out in frustration!!!
8. Ammend your taxes AGAIN!! (I havne't done this yet, but am waiting until this weekend just in case anything else decides to show up in our mailbox!)
9. Make a note to self to NOT make this mistake again next year!
10. Enjoy the fact that you don't have to do taxes again for a full year!! =)

2 comments:

Greg and Andrea said...

Oh my goodness! I did the same thing--did our taxes and then received another important item in the mail. I am waiting to "amend."

The Miller Family said...

This is why I am SO thankful for my friend who is an accountant and enjoys filing taxes...I know CRAZY but I LOVE her! I can only imagine the frustration and mistakes if I were to do ours.