Andy is currently out in the forest with 10 other guys playing paintball. A frivolous waste of time and money? I think not! As the men showed up at our house this morning, it was a joy to watch their excitement and to experience the comradery between friends. I believe that our society is working hard on the demasculinization of men. I'm proud that my husband is a mighty man. We recently watched the movie Defiance
"Based on an extraordinary true story, DEFIANCE is an epic tale of family, honor, vengeance and salvation in World War II."
In the story many of the Jewish women become "Forest wives" basically with their husbands now dead, they seek out a man who will be their "forest husband". Someone who they feel safe with, someone who will protect and defend them, someone they can cling to during this difficult time. How wonderful to watch that and know in my heart that my husband is the very man that I would turn to, to be my "Forest husband." I have no doubt that he would defend and protect me to his dying breath. So although its just paintball, to me its more. Its men, being men. Its men being warriors!
I love you Andy!
2 comments:
So true...
However, my warrior is laying on the ground falling asleep because he's so tired from running around all day. I am trying to figure out how to get him up and going since we have to go to my 10 YEAR REUNION TONIGHT!!!!
Oh you are so cute! I can see Andy defending you with his samari sword in one hand and paintball gun in the other!
My guy came home with some nice welts on his body!!! But it sounded like they had a great time!
Post a Comment