Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Shot fired during robbery as kids play nearby

Well, here's the story of our Soccer camp gone bad......It was pretty tramatic as we were super close to where it happenend. We all grabed our kids and RAN to safety. Ahh, I'm still shaking a bit! Thank you Lord for keeping us all safe!!
If you want to read more head on over to Christines blog...

GRESHAM, Ore. - Police arrested one man and were still searching for another Tuesday after a violent robbery that occurred at a Gresham grocery as hundreds of kids played soccer nearby.

It happened shortly before 11 a.m. at the La Tapatia Supermarket near the intersection of Southeast 182nd and Southeast Stark.

According to police, two men, one armed with a shotgun and the other armed with a handgun, robbed the business and then were chased outside by employees. The robber armed with the shotgun fired once while trying to flee; no one was hit, police said.

The robber armed with the handgun climbed into a getaway car - described as a white sedan - and fled the area while the shotgun-toting robber did not escape for some reason and was arrested, police said. The shotgun was recovered at the scene.

That man was not immediately identified.

Hundreds of kids attending a church soccer camp were about 50 yards away when the robbery occurred.

4 comments:

Mars said...

I am so glad we had each other. This is not what we had in mind when we thought about soccer camp! Sure love you guys! Hope you are doing better now.

Stephanie L. said...

So glad we were all together. I am praying for our kids' little minds and hearts. Love you guys!

Mars said...

Hmmmm...that "Mars" comment seems to have been made by Christine - guess I was signed in on her computer when she left it! :)
But, ditto. I'm glad we were all in it together and that everyone's okay. It was traumatic, for sure. Love you guys, too.

Ronda said...

Oh my word!!! I can't even imagine...