


Last year we heard someone describe the ice cream truck as "the music truck" to their toddler. This sounded like a great way to avoid lots of conflict over not getting an ice cream each time the truck goes by. Though not completly honest, we figured what he didn't know wouldn't hurt him. Anyway two days ago I was desperatly trying to get dinner done and Aidan would not leave me alone. All he wanted to do was literally hang on my legs and whine to get picked up. (Lorene if you're reading this, I actually had the thought, "Man I wish I had one of those sling things! ) Aidan has this great technique of getting between me and the cupboards and pushing me back - very frustrating when you are trying to make meatballs! So without realizing it I left out yet another sigh of frustration. Kenneth heard this and asked me what was wrong. So I explained that I was getting very frustrated with Aidan, because it was hard to make dinner with him whinning at my feet. So Kenneth, who is 3, said "well, I know Mommy, I will play with him" --- and then he did. Kenneth actively engaged with Aidan for a full hour!!! It was amazing!!! He kept getting out new toys or activities for Aidan and it worked like a charm! I couldn't have been more proud of his selfless actions. So when Daddy got home I told him how Kenneth had helped me and he decided that this was definitly an Ice Cream occasion!
After dinner we were loading the kids into the car, when we heard it...... The Music Truck was coming! So we decided that the time had come for Kenneth to learn what the music truck really was, so here are some pictures of Kenneth's first time getting ice cream from the "ice cream truck"
2 comments:
There is that little genetic trait two of the grandchildren have that wiggling all fingers in front of the nose when really excited and pleased.
Gammy (Kenneth pronunciation)
wow I wiah you knew someone who sold those great back soft baby carriers.... I am sure that would have helped a lot:)....We call it the popsicle truck (since we don't eat ice cream:))
Post a Comment