Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Friday,what a day.....

3:00 am - Wake up, get ready
3:30 am- head to the Millers home to pick them up
4:00 am - head to Kohls for day after Thanksgiving Shopping (Freezing cold line, tons of people, lots of fun!!)
5:00 am - Fred Meyer
6:00 am - Target
7:00 am -Breakfast at Carls Jr.
9:00 am - Pick Kiddos up at Ken and Terry's
10:00 am - Back to Fred Meyer (yes, really we forgot a few things....)
11:00 am - Home for lunch, and naps..... oh yeah and to sell the truck.
1:30 pm - Truck sold

2:00pm - Lets go get a Christmas tree..... but first........Back to Fred Meyer (3rd time today!) to deposit money, stop at the forest station to get a tree permit, fill up gas at Arco, and then head up the mountain.

3:30pm - Turn on to Still Creek Rd (where we got our tree last year) and dicover that there is snow and ice on the narrow, steep road...................we don't have chains, snow tires, or 4 wheel drive, and later I dicover we don't even have our cell phone with us......

3:45pm -continue up the road, listening to Kenneth crying, "lets turn around and go back".... Poor kid could sense our stress, and was on the cliff side. He could look straight down into the roaring creek 100+ feet below. It was a good teachable moment about trusting God. So he sat there trying not to cry and sang "when I am afraid, I will trust in you, I will trust in you....."

4:00pm - We finally found a "safe" spot to turn around and headed back the treacherous road without a tree. =( Well at least we were safe.

5:00pm - I can't remember much more of this day. I think we had cereal for dinner..... and called it a night!

I'm not sure what we're going to do about a tree. If the weather is nice this weekend, we may give it one more attempt or we may see what we can find on Ken and Terry's property. Hopefully I'll have pictures of our beautiful tree to post this weekend. =)

No comments: