Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Who would have thought.....

that laundry could be SOOOO fun!! I started washing Abby's blankets and clothes today..... it made me smile to open up my washing machine and see all different shades of pink and lavender, and cute little bows..... =) It was even more fun to hang them up or fold them neatly and put them in drawers. I'm getting SOOO excited about meeting our little girl!! "Working" in her room makes me feel like she will be here soon. (and she will....30 days and counting!!) I've got another load to wash and then I'm just about done.



A bunch of my girl friends threw me a surprise shower last week which was tons of fun, and a huge blessing! Its amazing how people's generosity can help you go from owning zero baby girl items to being fully stocked in a matter of a couple months! Thanks to everyone who has been so kind and generous!
Abigail's room is coming together nicely too. The walls are lavender and just need a touch up here and there. These photos make them look grey, but they're actually a really beautiful shade of lavender. I've still got to hang up pictures, try to dress her bed up a bit and find something to cover up the denim pads on our rocking chair.
I traced her name on the wall and then painted it. We need to do a second coat or two to hopefully cover up the pencil marks..... Other then the "b" being slightly at the wrong angle, I'm happy with the way it turned out. We may try to figure out a way to add some pink into her room.....perhaps paint some flowers on the wall..... we'll see.
I'll post some more photos of her room when its done.

1 comment:

Tricia Swift said...

I love her name on the wall. it turned out so good! I think I may steal the idea snd do it for Isabel. so fun! I may need you to come trace it for me. i'm not so good at those kinda of projects and making them look even on the wall. hanging things I am better at.