Tuesday, April 29, 2008

You might be 9 months pregnant if....

you are exhausted all day, yet when you finally hit the pillow, you can't sleep.

the sight of a stray dog on the side of the road makes you cry.

you can no longer wash dishes by hand - because your tummy is so large that you can't get close enough to the counter to comfortably reach into the sink and wash them.

you ask your family if they can help "clean up" by moving all toys and general clutter from the floor to waist level, so you don't have to bend over to clean it up.

you wear flip flops in the rain and hail.

songs on the radio make you cry.

your idea of romance is your husband helping to put on your shoes.

movies make you cry.

you forget to remove your hand (or head) before closing doors.

you run into other family members with your tummy.

no matter where you go, you have at least 3 conversations with total strangers about your upcoming arrival.

you can't remember the last time you could look down and see your toes.

anything makes you cry.

24 days and counting....... =)

3 comments:

Pate Family said...

You forgot "strangers everywhere walk up to you and put their hands on your body." I'll be praying that these 24 days go fast!

Eric 'n Leah said...

Amen sista.
The best part is becuase I am overheated most of the day, I also am allowing my kids to wear warm weather clothes. We look silly in target when we are the only ones in sandals, shorts, and not sporting tights with our dress. Well, whatever, frostbite hasn't set in yet.

Mars said...

Well, if we were just judging by those first 2, I'd be 9 months pregnant, too. :)
That's funny. I SO remember the not-being-able-to-pick-anything-up-off-the-floor part of the pregnancy. Poor Shawn would come home from work and his job would be to pick up all the things I had dropped on the floor during the day! :)
Hang in there - it won't be long now.